If you have a love for cooking and making multi-ingredient dishes and drinks, you may be in the market for a blender/food processor combination. Although you can purchase these items separately, the mechanics involved in these processes allow you many options that offer both features.
Blenders are typically used for softer food items and allow you the power to mix drinks and smoothies with settings that vary to accompany the density of the foods you are mixing. Some typical setting on a blender can include crushing ice, emulsifying, pureeing, and usually have separate speed options such as slow, medium, low, and pulse.
Food processors are similar but are typically used for denser foods and are made with the intention of combining foodstuff ingredients to be used in cooking and making sauces from whole ingredients like herbs and vegetables.
Depending on what you particular needs are you may want to purchase a product that allows you to do both depending on the attachment you are using.
Top Picks :5 Best Blender Food Processor
Top 5 Blender Food Processor Combo Reviews
1. Ninja 400-Watt Chopper Bowl Blender Food Processor | Review
The Ninja 400-Watt blender/Food Processor is great for smaller applications. Some of its benefits include a 6-cup, 48 oz. pitcher that allows you to make smoothies and other blended drinks for a group of people at once, as well as Ninja’s 16 oz. chopper pot for food processing.
It features a one touch system that gives you the option to pulse blend as well as the ability to hold it down for longer periods of time. The 2 convenient jars allow you two swap one for the other depending on your use, whether simply blending frozen or mixed drinks or using the food processor attachment for cooking. Where the food processor attachment in concerned, its limited size means you may not be able to mix as much as you would like at once, forcing you to use it a few times for larger applications.
Ninja has made this product convenient with an “anti spill splash guard”, and easy pour spout, and non slip base, and has the ability to blend, and puree for drink applications, and mince, dice, and chop for your foods.
This model has storage lids so you do not have to transport your blends to a new container, and is dishwasher safe, making cleaning easier. Depending on your individual needs, this blender/food processor combo is great for small quantities and gives you the convenience of very little cleanup.
2. Ninja Mega Kitchen System Blender Food Processor | Review
The Ninja Mega Kitchen System gives you the capacity to blend and process large quantities of drinks and food combinations in one countertop appliance. It comes with (2) 16 oz. cups for making and transporting smoothies, a large 72 oz. pitcher for blending, and a 64 oz. food processor bowl for mixing large quantities of food at once.
This particular model comes with a 1500-Watt base which gives ample power for any food or drink mix you’ll require and has no problem with crushing ice or blending harder food items in its large food processing container.
It features settings for dough, blend, crush, and single serve so it is convenient for most applications. It is however a large appliance for its particular job so storage may be a concern as well as the several attachments that you’ll need to keep track of. As with many of Ninjas products, all the attachments are dishwasher safe, however you will have to clean the unit itself by hand.
All in all this Ninja model offers you the convenience of being an all in one blending and food processing appliance, while you may sacrifice the downside of having to keep track of several attachments and storing the appliance in an area large enough to house it if you’re not inclined to keep it on your counter.
3. Oster Professional Tritan Jar and Blender Food Processor | Review
The first thing you may notice about the Oster Blender Pro is that it comes with many setting options. This allows you a wide range of mixing options, and gives you the freedom to choose your particular blending preference. The Oster blender features 7 speeds, with 3 pre-programmed settings for salsas, smoothies, and milkshakes, and has a 1200-Watt base that can handle most food and drink ingredients without issue.
As with most blenders of this size, storage may be a concern, and cleaning the base by hand will be necessary. The attachments are dishwasher safe making them easy to clean after each use. It also touts the benefit of being 50 percent larger than previous models, which depending on your needs will give you the flexibility of being able to combine large amounts of ingredients, while still maintaining the ability to handle much smaller jobs.
The Oster comes with a 6-cup boroclass glass jar for blending, a 5 cup food processing bowl, and (1) 24 oz. lidded smoothie cup for convenient transportation. It has a stainless steel finish and a length cord and a clean look making it an eye catching appliance that you can also rely on to handle any application you need it for when combining foods and mixing drinks.
What this model blender and food processor lacks in convenience it makes up in ability and overall capacity. It may be large, but it will easily handle any blending and food processing needs you have.
4. Fochea 3 In 1 Multi-Function Kitchen Blender Food Processor | Review
The Fochea 3 in 1 food processor and blender is geared toward smaller application blending and mixing. It features include a powerful 700-Watt motor that allows you to handle the jobs you’ll likely use it for, such as making smoothies, grinding coffee, spices, or nuts, but is not advisable for either large quantities of food or denser food items.
This model comes with several attachments including a 570 ml container for carrying your drinks on the go, an efficient chopper attachment to handle denser foods, and a food processor attachment to handle larger quantities and other various foods you may want to mix.
If you need to combine large quantities of food this particular product may not be what you’re looking for as it is aimed more toward convenience than quantity. Its small base and easy to remove attachment mean you won’t have to worry much about storage, but what you lose in size you’ll absolutely gain in overall ease of use and the ability to make small amounts of blended food and drinks at once.
Fochea provides dishwasher safe accessories, a security lock base, easy carry lid, a chopper blade, blending blade, and the plastic components are BPA free, and very durable. If you’re looking for a smaller and more user friendly blender/food processor with few simple settings this product is great for such uses.
5. Cuisinart Velocity Ultra Trio Blender Food Processor with Travel Cups | Review
The first thing you may notice about the Cuisinart Blender/Food Processor is its size, but along with the size comes the assurance that it will handle any job you throw at it. It comes with a hefty 11 lbs to it, and a 1HP motor that will easily blend and mix any food or drink combination you can throw at it.
It’s attachment include a 3-cup food processor, which is a bit small given the weight of the appliance, however it also comes with a large 56 oz. Tritan plastic jar as well as (2) 16 oz. cups which also make convenient travel cups. It is a large unit but it compensates by providing smaller attachments that allow you a little more convenience where usability is concerned. The real benefit you’ll enjoy about the Cuisinart BFP is its power, as it has no issue getting through tougher foods and has a low and high speed setting, as well as a pulse setting, ice crush, and smoothie option.
The unit itself will need to be cleaned by hand, but the accessories are dishwasher safe and durable so there’s little concern for their longevity. This particular blender/food processor is on the higher end of the price spectrum, but if that’s not a concern then the quality of the product and the easy to use functionality allow you to have the power you want in such an appliance as well as the durability you would expect from such an expense.
Consumer Reports Blender Food Processor Combo Buying Guide
- When purchasing a blender/food processor you’re first consideration should be what your primary needs for such an appliance are. If you’re in the market for a product that can blend smoothies and mixed drinks you may opt for one of the smaller more convenient options that allow for both easy cleanup and easy storage.
- If however you are geared more towards durability and capacity, then a larger unit with more capacity and features may be what you’re looking for. The price ranges allow you to pick your particular appliance based on which one will do more of what you’re looking for, as those with more features sometimes come with higher price tags.
- Many of these products come with travel cup attachments, so the real questions are of reliability and capability. You may decide to go with an blender/food processor than can handle many options for mixing and combining your foods and sacrifice counter space while gaining reassurance knowing that it can handle anything you throw at it, or you may elect to go with a smaller unit that provides simple use and easy storage.
- Take these features into account when opting to purchase such an appliance for your home. What you gain in one arena, you may sacrifice in another.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can the Bullet be used as a food processor?
- Nutribullet, the makers of the magic bullet have many products that fall into this category. They offer food processors as well as blenders and drink mixers. The particular product depends on the particular applications however they do have models that can be used interchangeably depending on what you’re trying to accomplish.
Nutribullet has a convenient 17 piece food processor that should handle all of your blending and food processing needs however the appliance is relatively small and not ideal for larger applications.
Q: What can I use if I don’t have a food processor?
- Depending on what it is you’re trying to combine or mix, many blenders offer features and settings that allow you to mix small amounts of foodstuff without sacrificing the integrity of the appliance. In the event you do not have access to a food processor you may want to look into a blender that allows you to mix a variety of ingredients without sacrificing the functionality of the blender.
Q: Can you blend food in a food processor?
- Food processors are made primarily for blending food, as opposed to a blender which is usually made to blend drinks and smoothies. Most food processors come with large enough bowl that allow you to combine large amounts of food and varied kinds of food at once to make sauces, salsas, and other types of mixed foods.
If you’re looking for a blender there are many options available, however if your goal is specifically food processing there are many appliances that offer you both options with the use of multiple attachments.
Q: Can you use a food processor to make a smoothie?
- Most food processors are capable of making smoothies as well. It really depends on the reason you’re using the appliance. If you desire to make a smoothie, you can purchase one of many on the market but this does not mean that you cannot make a smoothie in a food processor.
Depending on the product however it may not provide the consistency of a smoothie so if that is your goal, it is recommended that you look specifically for a blender/food processor combination that allows you to combine foods as well as drink ingredients.
Q: Can you blend frozen fruit in a food processor?
- While you can absolutely blend frozen fruits in a food processor you should always look to the guides that come with appliances to be certain. Some appliances may recommend that you not put frozen foods in their processors while other do not make that distinction.
If you’re attempting to mix frozen foods in either a blender or a food processor you should take the time to be certain that the appliance you’re using recommends one or the other depending on the attachment.
With a wide variety of food processor and blender combination on the market, it is prudent to read the reviews of several and determine what it is you’re looking for in the product. It is advisable that you read user reviews if possible, but also that you focus on each product‘s particular features and compare them to your needs.
In the event you require one of these such appliances be certain that you have considered what you’ll be using it for, as well as taking into account where you’ll be using it, and your ability to clean and move the unit around your kitchen or bar conveniently. There are any options available to you so there is no need to rush to purchase an item with so many brands and features available to you, each with its own unique capacity and ability. Hopefully this guide will have given the tools you need to find the right appliance for your kitchen.